Thursday, May 14, 2009

Visitors from the other side???

I think it is safe to say our area is out of drought mode. This has been such a wet and damp spring. I can’t remember the last time my yard was so green. This wet has put a damper on the latest patio project. The ground is so much easier to dig, but it is not fun laying out forms in the mud. This is a job I dislike immensely to begin with.

Finally I dug out the last of trench late yesterday afternoon and began the aggravating process of leveling out the forms. Once that all gets poured I can start digging out the lawn. I currently don’t have enough bricks for the entire project. I can see this being a “work in progress” for quite a while…….

Tuesday morning while we were rowing, Ted installed the new ¾” pipes to the racks we made up. We parked the new shells on them and they worked! What a relief. The one bad thing was when figuring out the length of the pipe; we did not take into account when the shells are rigged up. Jason suggested the pipe be eight feet the same as the bottom supports. When we go that route we will have to jump to 1” pipe. More aggravation….but that is way in the future…..

My sinuses have been pumping out fluid on overtime for the past few days. Monday was so bad I was working with Kleenex stuffed up my nose to help stop my nose draining all over. I’m not alone as most of the crew out Tuesday morning experienced the same problem. Conditions seem to be improving though.

I’ve developed a friendship with a Cardinal since I started working in earnest on the latest brick project. This bird will fly onto low tree branches and annoy me till I throw a handful or two of sunflower seeds onto the patio for him to gobble up. He shows up regular as clockwork now. I was clearing up my tools at dusk yesterday and put out some seed for my new friend. I was sitting crossed legged setting up a shot with my camera to try and capture an image of this bird. I felt a nudging against my left side. That must be Stumpy giving me head butts; no wonder the Cardinal will not descend to the patio. I reached around… nothing. I then looked and checked. Stumpy was asleep on the stone bench at the other side of the yard. There was nothing that could have nudged me.

A friend of mine lived in this house as student in the 1990’s. He has told me how the one of the women who also lived here felt spirits. She always kept the basement door locked. She would wake up in the morning and find pennies that had been pushed under her bedroom door. I’m not sure if it was somebody from her church or the university who came and affirmed there were indeed spirits here. The house was “cleansed” and the pennies stopped.

I’ve felt presences here before. They are friendly so I’m not going to get crazy. The next time I head to New York I’ll stop and have a reading at Lillydale. To see if I can learn anything.

This is a wonderful psychic community. Back in the spring of 1995 I stopped and had a reading. The medium I saw was amazing. When she entered the room she started to sneeze, her nose began to run, and her eyes turned red and watery. She asked if I had bad sinuses. My answer was “yes, they are terrible.” She then explained she was fine before entering the room, she picked up on my rotten sinuses.

She then explained how she “read auras”. I sat across a table from her. She took a large piece of drawing paper and used pastel chalk for her reading. I have this paper tacked to the wall of my workshop…


She then interpreted this for me. Some of what I was told and the reality follow:

I would be changing jobs: Late on this one. I had just transferred out of a department I had worked in for many years to a different job.

There will be a great deal of building in my future: Maybe in my past. I was finally finishing up on the restoration of my old house I’d lived in for 17 years. My remodeling days were soon to be history. The last thing I wanted was to do that again!

I was surrounded by death in those I had lost, but this was not a negative effect on my life: Here she was correct. I had lost an address book of friends during the AIDS crisis. My Aunt Fran died in Jan 1994, my mom in December 1994.

I was allowed to ask one question regarding the spirits surrounding me. I did not really have a specific question. I just wanted affirmation things were well with my mother who died the previous December. “There is a picture of your mother in a gold frame. She wants you to hang it by your bed” I was told. There are not many framed pictures of my mother, especially in a gold frame. But, I knew just the picture she was describing to me.

This picture of my mom (on the right) and aunt Fran was taken on Long Island Sound by mom’s cousin Criss. Aunt Fran is clutching a chocolate bar! (Criss is still kicking and will be 101 this year!)


Little did I know then in less than one year’s time from this meeting: I would be making plans to change jobs, sell my house and move 1000 miles away and begin restoration of another old house! She was right on after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Retired auto worker who can now spend too much time restoring his 1922 Bungalow Home. I'm involved in a number of varied activities from collecting bricks to rowing with a masters rowing group. This blog is to share different aspects of my life on my Facebook page. I've kept an on-line journal for eight years.