Monday, April 11, 2016

Turn your Lemons into Lemonade

The internet is rife with the “moral stories” that are supposed to make you think and ponder. I often wonder how many of these stories are real, or pure drivel like the “True Confessions” published in the magazine of the same name.
This is my “uplifting story” of events which just happened this morning.
Miss Holly has a habit of flopping and rolling when she gets excited and happy. It can happen anywhere. Debbie related to how everything on my dining room table was on the floor one time she came in to check up when I was on my trip in February. (I’m still finding toothpicks from the knocked over toothpick holder!)
I should not have been surprised this morning when the water goblet I left on the dining room table was overturned and broken. It was my fault for leaving the thing out.
I was talking on the phone with my sister walking into the kitchen when inspiration hit to turn the disaster into an artistic application!
A few years back Billy received a shipment of antique stuff that was hardly packed at all. One of casualties was a LLadro figurine that lost its head. Billy gave me the pieces as he knew I’d come up with some use for the thing.
The Alabama thrift store had an abundance of glazed figurines at .79¢ ea. Using the brick saw, I was able to do a “head transplant” to the LLadro figurine attaching it with Minwax epoxy wood filler. The repair is almost undetectable! LOL!!!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/brickpaver/002_50.jpg
Looking at the remains of the goblet I got a brainstorm to bury it into the garden so the stem and base would make a pedestal for a piece of art. The reassembled remains of the shattered LLadro head will work on the decapitated figurine. Only in Tuscaloosa, a successful head transplant and artistic application at the same time!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/brickpaver/004_20.jpg
Turn your lemons into lemonade.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/brickpaver/005_13.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Retired auto worker who can now spend too much time restoring his 1922 Bungalow Home. I'm involved in a number of varied activities from collecting bricks to rowing with a masters rowing group. This blog is to share different aspects of my life on my Facebook page. I've kept an on-line journal for eight years.