Thursday, November 5, 2009

I pulled out to driveway about 5:10 this morning to head to the boathouse. I was VERY angered to see my Stumpy flying across the deserted street. I did not have the time to stop and get him into the house. The MAIN rule is “NO CATS IN THE STREET!” He keeps a wide berth during the day when traffic is heavy and he is never out for the entire night. He has survived this long; I can’t keep him locked up in the house. His life would be so miserable. He is stretched out on the bed as I type this out….

The moon was high in the sky when I unlocked the gate to the boathouse. Robin asked if I could possibly sub for her. I usually show up every row to fill in when needed. I have a key to the gate and there are usually rowers waiting in line for admittance. By me arriving early we have a chance to get oars and launches out before the coaches arrive. That gives the coaches more time to concentrate on the workouts for the day.

Enough rowers showed up for the sweep. Since I rowed Tuesday and Wednesday, I left so other subs could get on the water. I returned home to fix up a nice greasy breakfast of homefries with lots of onions cooked up in the cast iron skillet with half a stick of butter. I saved half my smoked ham from yesterday which was heated through while my egg cooked. I will have to do some serious work at the “Y” later to burn off those calories!

Our teams got together for tee shirts for the upcoming regatta. These are long sleeved with the BWRC down the right side and the team oar design as a stripe across the chest. A black doo-rag really finishes off the ensemble. I tried to get a shot of me wearing the shirt from the mirror on a door. I don’t think I’ll submit this to one of the “dating/hook up” sites! You always see mirror shots with the face covered…. Opps I mean that is what I have heard, I would never go to such a site!!! LOL!

We have gone for quite a spell without rain. My doors, and drawers are closing again as they were meant to do. It is nice t get my house back to “normal”.

Another garbage pick up is history and the mess down the street just gets worse. Soon as I post this entry I’ll call the 311 number again. I know if I were a parent I would be mortified to have my offspring living under such conditions. These kids’ parents are paying about $2,000.00 a month for them to live in these houses. If these students don’t have the common sense to take out the garbage, I don’t think they are getting much out of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Followers

About Me

My photo
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Retired auto worker who can now spend too much time restoring his 1922 Bungalow Home. I'm involved in a number of varied activities from collecting bricks to rowing with a masters rowing group. This blog is to share different aspects of my life on my Facebook page. I've kept an on-line journal for eight years.